Learning Mentor - East London & Essex
JDS Recruitment are actively recruiting on behalf of a number of schools across East London & Essex who are looking to appoint Learning Mentors.
Successful candidates will have experience in working with pupils with Autism, challenging behaviours and other Learning Difficulties.
You should have a passion for education and for SEND and should strive to help students progress in their education.
The position will be to start ASAP on a supply and full-time long-term basis.
• Working with small groups of children on a one-to-one basis
• Teaching pupils on a 1:1 basis as well as with small groups
• It is important to have an outgoing character within this role and to be able to build a strong rapport with students. As well as being able to think on your feet and set boundaries.
· Resilient and patient
· This role is for people who have had or have relevant experience involving youth work, gang violence and social and emotional behaviour and sexual exploitation.
· This role will be challenging so you will need to be prepared.
· The right candidate will need to make a strong approach in handling challenging roles and be confident.
JDS Recruitment work with a range of schools in East London and Essex.
To be considered for the Learning Mentor you will:
• Proven experience working in Primary and/or Secondary Schools
• Experience working with challenging behaviour and SEN students
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Enhanced DBS
How to apply
If you are a Learning Mentor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information or if this sounds like the right opportunity and challenge for you, then please send your CV to Dean at JDS Recruitment today or feel free to call us for further information. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across JDS Recruitment, please contact our Team today.