In Secondary Education, you will be teaching children from ages 11 – 18, normally focusing on one or two subjects in particular.
As a secondary teacher, you will prepare students for their future, equipping them with problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and a good depth of knowledge in the required subjects. We work with a number of Secondary Schools across London and the Home Counties, from public to religious and specialised schools. We recruit teachers across all core subjects, maths, English, and science, as well as foreign languages, art, and drama. In addition, we also recruit Higher Level TAs and Cover Supervisors, Head of Departments, and members of SLT.
Following the National Curriculum in England the key stages in the Secondary Sector are:
Key Stage 3 – years 7-9 (ages 11-14)
Key Stage 4 – years 10-11 (ages 14-16)
Key Stage 5 – years 12-13 (ages 16-18)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate – this is essential to work in any school, in any position.
- The Right to Work in the UK.
- 2 references to cover the last two years of your employment.
- A form of teaching qualification – the most widely accepted is a QTS, but other forms of qualifications can also be expected such as QTLS, BEd or overseas training.
- Experience in the classroom setting is ideal, but we also recruit for ECT (Early Career Teachers), so this is not always essential.
- Ability to build strong relationships with children and parents.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
Submit your CV
Send in your cv today and we will keep you on file for any future jobs that appear in this sector.