Vetting & Security
As an accredited member of the REC, we ensure at JDS Recruitment that we strictly adhere to rules and regulations and are always fully up to date on changes within the Education sector.
Nothing is more important than the safeguarding of our children, and rightly we see this as our top priority. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and our candidates on its register to share this commitment and to be fully aware of the importance of child protection.
As a provider of staff to schools we believe it’s equally our responsibility to ensure the safety of all children and young adults. We are carrying out the upmost stringent checks and vetting procedures on all our applicants seeking work through JDS Recruitment.
In line with the REC and DfE “Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education” the levels of checks carried out include:
- Photo Identity (Passport, Birth Certificate)
- 2x Proof of Address (Within the last 3 months)
- Proof of National Insurance
Right to Work –
- UK or Irish Citizens –
- Manual right-to-work check following the government guidelines
- IDSP Virtual Right to Work Check using a government-approved provider
- Outside of UK and Ireland-
- EUSS Check ( https://www.gov.uk/view-right-to-work )
DBS and Prohibited from Education –
- An Original copy of the Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Supply Candidates with an option to complete a new DBS through our provider ( https://www.aaronsdepartment.com/ )
- Update Service checks completed regularly.
- Overseas Workers – Police Checks are carried out for workers who have lived outside of the UK for 5+ years.
- Prohibited from Education Checks completed every 3 months.
- Member of the Teaching Agency Employer Access Service
- Check through government-provided services (https://teacherservices.education.gov.uk/EmployerAccess/GetAgencyLandingDetails)
- Proof of Teaching qualifications (original certificates, diploma) – checked & verified by DfE or NCTL/QTLS
- Equivalent Overseas Trained Teacher qualifications checked & verified by UK NARIC
References & Employment History
JDS Recruitment requires at least 2 professional references that cover a period of the last 2 years. One of these must be from the most recent employer.
If the 2nd Professional reference is not attainable, we will apply for a character reference from a colleague, teacher, or neighbour they have known for 5+ years.
Fit to Work
All of our candidates are required to ensure that they are in good health and able to meet the daily responsibilities of working in a school environment.
Face to Face/ Virtual Interview
All candidates are personally interviewed by a professional and trained Consultant to discuss your experience, particular requirements, and career aspirations.