As an SEN Teacher, you will work with children with special education, or additional needs throughout their educational journey and support them in meeting the requirements of their EHCP.
Working with individuals or smaller groups of children, you will be tasked with creating a familiar, safe environment for them to flourish and reach their full potential. We work with a number of Special Education Needs Schools as well as mainstream schools that require SEND Specialists. We cover students across the broad areas of SEND, including moderate to severe learning difficulties, and autistic spectrum disorder, as well as children with associated speech, language, and communication difficulties. Within this sector, we recruit both Teachers and Support Staff.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate – this is essential to work in any school, in any position.
- The Right to Work in the UK.
- 2 references to cover the last two years of your employment.
- A form of teaching qualification (depending on the role) – the most widely accepted is a QTS, but other forms of qualifications can also be excepted such as QTLS, BEd or overseas training. Any qualification with SEND is highly desirable.
- Experience in teaching students with IEPs would be advantageous.
- Experience in one or more of the following would be beneficial, PECS, MAKATON, manual handling, personal care, PEG feeding, and hoisting. We also look for people who have experience working with vulnerable children and adults and are looking to transition into the educational sector.
- A passion and commitment to working with pupils with special educational needs.
- The ability to create the best conditions for learning or teaching new things.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to build strong relationships with children and parents.
- The ability to build good relationships based on trust with pupils and their families.
- Behaviour management skills, with the ability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
Submit your CV
Send in your cv today and we will keep you on file for any future jobs that appear in this sector.