Cover Supervisors – ASAP – Full time – Long term contractAdded on 12/07/2023
JDS Recruitment is currently looking for Cover Supervisors to work in Secondary schools in and around the area of Hemel Hempstead.
This role is to start in September and is a long term or day to day contract until July 2024.
A cover supervisor works in schools providing support to current teaching teams by covering classes and ensuring students are working on tasks. This is a key role within secondary schools in the absence.
About the role – As a Cover Supervisor, you’ll be an experienced Teaching Assistant who supervises pupils carrying out pre-planned work when teaching staff are off work for a certain period (for example, sickness or paternity leave). The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom and behaviour while ensuring that pupils complete the work which has been set.
- Supervising the students and ensuring they complete set tasks.
- Managing behaviour
- Experienced working with Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Assisting pupils when they have questions.
- Following the school’s behaviour and safeguarding policies
- Collecting the completed work and handing it to the Head of Department
- Providing feedback on the lesson and pupils
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Ideally, previous experience working with children of the relevant age.
- Fluent level of spoken and written English.
- Must have an enhanced DBS.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with us will possess an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate.
If you are interested in the role of a Cover Supervisor role, please APPLY today to be shortlisted as soon as possible.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our new refer a friend scheme which is worth up to £250
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.