Learning Support Assistant – SEMH – Newham SchoolAdded on 04/12/2023
Learning Support Assistant – SEMH
£90 – £100/day
Location: Newham, Greater London
JDS Recruitment are currently recruiting for four Learning Support Assistants for an all-through school based in Newham.
- Newham; East Ham.
- SEND School – caters for student with SEMH difficulties.
- Easily Accessible by public transport.
- Immediate starts or from January 2024
- Long term
- £90 – £100 per day
- Classroom Support – KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4
- 1:1 Support
- Full time; 8.30am – 3.30pm (Term Time only) Monday to Friday.
- Candidates must hold a clear enhanced DBS.
To support students in KS1 – KS4 with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
– This is a very challenging role and due to the severity of the student’s needs, they are prone to swearing and violence. Every day is different!
– The school will assign you to work on a 1:1 basis with either a primary or secondary student dependent on experience.
– You must have a minimum of 3 months experience supporting either primary or secondary students with SEND.
– Team Teach or sports coaching background will be an advantage.
These LSA roles will require talented and committed learning support assistants who are flexible, enthusiastic, and dedicated to supporting pupils to achieve their full potential, while remaining engaged in their learning.
These roles will include:
- 1:1 work with students with social emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Able to use your own initiative to support and engage your students’ learning objectives.
- group work as a SEN Teaching Assistant
- Helping the class teacher with pupil observations
- Assisting the teacher with classroom preparation
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with us will possess an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where necessary.
If you are interested in the role of an learning support assistant, please APPLY today to be shortlisted as soon as possible.