Primary Teaching Jobs – RedbridgeAdded on 07/06/2023
JDS Recruitment have been entrusted with the following vacancies to start this September.
Enthusiastic Class Teachers, required to cover fulltime from September.
- Large primary special school in the London Borough of Redbridge supporting children with a range of complex needs with the majority of our children being on the Autistic Spectrum.
- The main school site has parking and is also very well served by public transport links.
- The school currently have 190 children aged 5 – 11 years old in 26 classes, both on our main site but also in two satellite classes in local mainstream primary schools.
- The school currently employ approximately 170 staff in both teaching and support roles. All staff work within smaller teams across the school to develop strong working relationships in order to achieve the best outcomes and are encouraged to join in with whole school activities and support events through the School Friends Association raising additional funds for the school.
- Our children are the reason we are here and so it is all about them, their needs and how we can facilitate their progress and development through effective teaching and support. We use a range of strategies and approaches adapted to individual children’s needs but with their happiness, communication, self-regulation, and independence skills at the heart of everything because if we can get these right then they will be able to learn. The safety of our children is paramount, and we have a very positive health and safety culture and robust safeguarding processes and procedures which all staff are expected to comply with.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Must have experience of SEN and a passion for supporting pupils with complex needs, mainly children on the autistic spectrum.
- Flexible and committed to start full time from September and work as a long-term or permanent basis.
- Team Teach trained or understanding of TEACCH would be beneficial.
- Flexible to teach, non/pre-verbal ASD learners across either Key Stage 1 or 2. (Year 2-6)
- The class teacher position will require the teaching of pupils across a broad spectrum of SEN, including pupils with ASD and challenging behaviour.
- Specific experience of working with primary aged pupils with additional needs is desirable but not essential and others including keen NQTs will also be considered.
- QTS or equivalent Teaching Degree
- Enhanced DBS
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential.
- The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
For more information or if this sounds like the right opportunity and challenge for you, then please send your CV to Dean at JDS Recruitment today or feel free to call us for further information.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this Special Needs (SEN) Teaching position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our refer a friend scheme.
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.