School Officer Administrator – IlfordAdded on 17/05/2023
JDS Recruitment are actively looking for a School Officer Administrator for my school based in Ilford.
- Immediate start
- 1 Year Maternity Cover (excluding summer)
- Office Administrator
- A/P School,
- Ilford, Essex
- Basic Admin & Financial details experience expected.
- Use of Arbor or MIS advantageous
- Enhanced DBS is essential.
Duties and expectations
- The role consists of basic admin and financial duties in an AP setting (we use Arbor as a MIS, but it’s not a deal breaker). Though crucially there’s more than just admin and finance.
- There’s a lot of reception duty and dealing with our – often confrontational – Y11 students.
- Their belongings are kept in the office and phones are given back and collected in again at break times, and there’s a lot of having to deal with quite random and frustrating demands from both students and parents.
- The reception window hatch opens on to our security entrance area so is at the centre of things, and our regular administrator has to negotiate effectively with our client group.
About the school
Key Stage 4 Pupil Referral Unit and is the main PRU for children in years 10 and 11 in the London Borough of Redbridge.
The Centre can accommodate up to forty students aged 14 to 16 and typically acquires these students as referrals from the Redbridge Inclusion Panel.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.