SEMH TA – NewhamAdded on 03/11/2023
A SEMH school in Newham is seeking a Secondary SEN TA for an immediate to start.
- SEMH TA
- Immediate Start
- Located in Newham (Nearest Station: West Ham or Upton Park)
- Excellent rate of pay
- Long Term Opportunity with excellent career progression
About the School:
- All through social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) school based in Newham, East London.
- The school has places for between 77 and 112 children and young people, catering for Year 1 to Year 11.
- Most children are on full-time placements and maintain a link with their mainstream school.
- The School is located in the heart of Newham and is a new purpose-built school.
- The school was graded “Good” at its last Ofsted inspection (November 2022)
Duties would include:
- Supporting Key Stage 4 students with social, emotional, and mental health needs
- Assisting the class teacher in delivering tailored lessons and activities
- Providing 1-on-1 and small group support to students who require additional help.
- Implementing management strategies to support positive student behaviour.
- Relevant experience working with students with special educational needs, particularly those with social, emotional, and mental health needs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and resilience in working with students who may have challenging behaviour.
Join JDS Recruitment today and let us help you find the right role that meets your needs and allows you to thrive in your career.
If you are interested in this position, please send me a copy of your CV.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.