SEN Teacher – Woodford Green – September startAdded on 30/08/2023
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs? Do you have the skills and dedication to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment? If so, we invite you to join our team as an SEN Teacher.
As an SEN Teacher at the school, you will be responsible for designing and delivering tailored lesson plans to meet the individual needs of students with diverse special educational requirements. You will collaborate closely with other educators, support staff, and parents to create a nurturing and effective learning environment. Your expertise will play a pivotal role in shaping the academic, social, and emotional development of your students.
- All through non maintained Special Educational Needs School
- 100 students within the school
- Provision for children from 5-19 years old
- SEN needs: ASD/verbal and non-verbal/Speech and Language/Challenging Behaviour and Down Syndrome
- Location: Woodford Green
- Parking on site
- Teaching pupils with Nonverbal ASD and challenging behaviour
- Combined Year 3 and 4 class
- Five children within the class
- 5 days full time
- Long term contract
Interviews and trials will be held immediately.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special educational needs.
- Create engaging and differentiated lesson plans that accommodate various learning styles and abilities.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies, tools, and resources to cater to diverse learning needs.
- Monitor and track student progress, adjusting teaching methods as necessary to ensure academic growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or a related field (Master’s preferred).
- Qualified Teaching Status-QTS
- Experience working with students with diverse special educational needs
- Experience working with children with ASD and challenging behaviour
- Strong understanding of various learning challenges and appropriate interventions.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for helping students succeed.
How to Apply:
If you are a SEN teacher and interested in the role, please submit your CV and Hannah Lovett will call you to discuss the role in further depth.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.