SEN Teaching Assistant – ColchesterAdded on 12/10/2023
Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Colchester, Essex
Position Type: Long-Term, Full-Time – 5 Days a week
Working Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
About my client: My client is an inclusive and forward-thinking Special Educational Needs (SEN) school located in the vibrant town of Colchester, Essex. Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment where every child can thrive and reach their full potential. We are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of our students and their families, and they are looking for a dedicated and passionate SEN Teaching Assistants to join our team.
Role Overview: As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting students with special educational needs, ensuring they have the opportunity to learn, develop, and succeed. You will work closely with our teaching staff, helping to create an inclusive and engaging learning environment.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students with special educational needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Help create a safe and welcoming learning environment for all students.
- Collaborate with teaching staff to adapt and modify learning materials.
- Support students with daily tasks, including personal care when necessary.
- Promote positive behaviour and social skills development.
- Offer emotional and pastoral support to students when required.
- Maintain accurate records and provide feedback to the teaching team.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as necessary.
- Experience working with children or young adults with special educational needs is preferred but not essential.
- A genuine passion for supporting the educational and personal development of SEN students.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a nurturing approach to working with children.
- The ability to adapt to the needs of individual students.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
How to Apply: If you are a compassionate and dedicated individual with a passion for supporting students with special educational needs, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role to Arron.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.